Scotch eggs can steal the show if you know how to make them properly. Be it a potluck, a party, or a picnic, you can stand out by making yummy Scotch eggs with minimum effort. The classic Scotch eggs are the best, but we have taken the liberty to add some new ingredients to make them more exciting. Here are 15 yummy Scotch egg recipes.
1. Classic Scotch Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 500 g sausage meat
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour for dusting
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Boil the eggs in a pot of water for 4-5 minutes. Transfer them to a pot of cold water. After they have cooled, peel the shells.
- Transfer the sausage meat to a large bowl.
- Add the herbs, salt, pepper, mustard, and nutmeg. Mix well and divide into medium-sized balls.
- Transfer the flour to one bowl and the breadcrumbs to another bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dust your hands with the flour and flatten the meat balls using your fingers and palms.
- Put the boiled egg in the middle of the flattened patty and gently shape the meat around the egg.
- Gently roll the Scotch eggs in the flour, dip them in the egg, and coat them evenly with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry the eggs until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with cheddar cheese and pickled onions.