10. Green Pea Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 30 min; Cooking Time: 35 min; Total Time: 65 min; Serves: 6
- 6 eggs
- 2 whisked eggs
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ cup mashed potato
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Place the eggs in a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Boil for 6 minutes and then transfer the eggs to a pot containing room temperature water. Shell them and keep them aside.
- Blitz the frozen peas and mix cumin powder, fennel powder, mayonnaise, chili flakes, mashed potato, and salt.
- Divide this mix into six parts and flatten them with your palms.
- Pop the eggs and cover with the peas mixture evenly all over.
- Coat the eggs with flour, dip into the whisked eggs, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the Scotch eggs until they are golden brown.