12. Baked Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 20 min; Cooking Time: 40 min; Total Time: 60 min; Serves: 6
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 whisked egg
How To Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 200o C.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix onions with sausage and salt.
- Divide the mixture into six equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Dredge one boiled egg at a time in the flour and place one at the center of each sausage patty.
- Wrap the sausage to cover the egg.
- Dip each one in the beaten egg and roll it in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a non-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the sausage is completely cooked and loses its pink color.
- Take out, allow to cool, and serve.