14. Scotch Deviled Eggs
Prep Time: 20 min; Cooking Time: 40 min; Total Time: 60 min; Serves: 6
Ingredients For Scotch Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 ½ lb sausage
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced dried onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons mixed herbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 whisked egg
Ingredients For The Filling
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Chives to garnish
How To Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 200o C.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix onions with sausage and salt.
- Divide the mixture into six equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Dredge one boiled egg at a time in the flour and place one at the center of each sausage patty.
- Wrap the sausage to cover the eggs.
- Dip each one in the beaten egg and roll it in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a non-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the sausage is completely cooked and loses its pink color.
- Take it out and allow to cool.
- Halve the eggs carefully lengthwise and scoop out the yolks.
- In a large mixing bowl, separate the two eggs mentioned under the filling. Add the scooped out yolks to the bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix in mayonnaise, paprika, and salt.
- Using a melon scooper, fill the egg whites.
- Garnish with chives and serve cold.