15. Tandoori Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 30 min; Cooking Time: 45 min; Total Time: 75 min; Serves: 6
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup roasted and chopped cashews
How To Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 180o C for 10 minutes before you decide to bake the eggs.
- In a frying pan, heat oil.
- Add onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add the carrot and cook until it is soft.
- Add breadcrumbs and seasoning and cook to make a patty-like dough.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Divide the mixture into six equal portions and shape them out into patties.
- Place one hard boiled egg at the center of each patty and wrap it slowly to cover the eggs.
- Roll in chopped nuts and allow it to chill thoroughly.
- Place the eggs in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take them out and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Halve the eggs and serve with some tamarind chutney.
These 15 Scotch egg recipes always come handy when I need an easy menu for an unplanned party. They are not only easy to make but also versatile. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking and share your feedback. Take care!