2. Liver Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 30 min; Cooking Time: 20 min; Total Time: 50 min; Serves: 6
- 6 large eggs
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup ground liver
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Put the eggs in a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Boil them for 4-5 minutes and then transfer them to a pot of cold water. When they cool down, peel the shells.
- Add chopped onion, garlic paste, chopped parsley, smoked paprika, and salt to the ground liver. Mix well and divide into six balls.
- Transfer the flour and breadcrumbs to two separate bowls.
- Dust your palms with the flour and flatten the ground liver using your fingers and palms.
- Pop the egg in the middle and shape the liver all around the egg evenly.
- Roll them in the flour, dip in the beaten egg, and give a final coat of the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry until the eggs are golden brown.
- Serve hot with onions and ketchup.