3. Healthy Spinach Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 40 min; Cooking Time: 20 min; Total Time: 60 min; Serves: 8
- 8 large eggs
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- ½ cup gram flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup mashed potato
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup bread crumb
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups vegetable oil
How To Prepare
- Put the eggs in a pot of water and bring it to a boil for 3-4 minutes. Then, transfer them to a pot of cold water. After they cool down, peel the shells.
- Mix the spinach with mashed potato, garlic, smoked paprika, gram flour, rice flour, coriander leaves, and salt.
- Divide this into eight equal sized balls and press with your fingers and palms to flatten them.
- Pop the eggs in the middle and cover them evenly with the spinach mixture.
- Gently coat the Scotch egg with flour, dip in the egg, and finally coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry the eggs until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup.