4. Beetroot And Carrot Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 40 min; Cooking Time: 20 min; Total Time: 60 min; Serves: 6
- 6 large eggs
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup boiled and mashed beetroot
- ½ cup boiled and mashed carrot
- ¼ cup mashed potato
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups olive oil
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Put the eggs in a pot of water and bring it to a boil. After 3-4 minutes, transfer them to a pot of cold water. Peel the shells.
- Mix the mashed potato, carrot, and beetroot with garlic paste, ginger paste, allspice, gram flour, rice flour, coriander, smoked paprika, and salt.
- Divide this into six equal sized balls and press with your fingers and palms to flatten them.
- Pop the eggs in the middle and cover them evenly with the spinach mixture.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with a little salt and black pepper.
- Dust the Scotch eggs with flour. Then, dip them into the beaten egg, and finally, coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry the eggs until they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with pickled onions.