5. Corn And Cheese Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 40 min; Cooking Time: 20 min; Total Time: 60 min; Serves: 6
- 6 eggs
- 2 whisked eggs
- ½ cup boiled corn, crushed
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups olive oil
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Boil the eggs in a pot of water for 7-8 minutes. Drain the boiled water and add room temperature water to the pot to cool the eggs down. Shell them and keep them aside.
- In a bowl, add crushed boiled corn, cheddar, parsley, dried oregano, smoked paprika, whole wheat flour, salt, and two tablespoons of water. Mix well and make a dough.
- Divide the dough into six parts and roll them using your palms to make dough balls.
- Flatten the balls by pressing them.
- Pop the egg in the middle of the dough and cover it with the dough evenly. Refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, in another bowl, mix all-purpose flour and mozzarella cheese.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Take the Scotch eggs, dip them in the whisked egg, and coat with mozzarella cheese and all-purpose flour mix.
- Fry them until they are golden brown.