6. Stuffed Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 45 min; Cooking Time: 20 min; Total Time: 55 min; Serves: 6
- 6 boiled eggs
- 2 whisked eggs
- 2 boiled eggs, mashed
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup potato, boiled and mashed.
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Cut the boiled eggs in half. Take out the yolks carefully and toss them into a large bowl.
- Add the mashed eggs, yogurt, cheddar, soy sauce, chives, red bell pepper, black pepper, one teaspoon of oil, and salt to this bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix mashed potato, parsley, and salt. Divide this mix into six parts and flatten them using your palms.
- Now, stuff the eggs without yolk with the egg mixture.
- Pop the stuffed egg halves in the middle of the flattened mashed potato mix and cover them evenly with the potato mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the whisked eggs with corn flour.
- Coat the Scotch eggs with all-purpose flour, dip them into the whisked egg, and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate the eggs for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil and fry the eggs until they are golden brown.