7. Crispy Sausage Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 30 min; Cooking Time: 20 min; Total Time: 50 min; Serves: 8
- 8 eggs
- 2 whisked eggs
- 1 cup sausage meat
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups olive oil
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Add the eggs to a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes. Drain the hot water and add room temperature water to cool the eggs. Shell them and keep aside.
- Mix garlic powder, onion powder, chili flakes, dried rosemary, cilantro, honey, and salt with the sausage meat.
- Divide it into eight parts and flatten them.
- Pop the egg in the middle and cover it with sausage meat evenly.
- Coat with all-purpose flour, dip into the whisked egg, and finally coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the eggs until they are golden brown.