8. Cottage Cheese Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 30 min; Cooking Time: 20 min; Total Time: 50 min; Serves: 6
- 6 eggs
- 2 whisked eggs
- 2 cups grated cottage cheese
- ½ cup boiled corn
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup melted cheddar cheese
- ½ cup boiled and mashed beetroot
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare
- Put the eggs in a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Boil for 6-7 minutes.
- Drain the water and add room temperature water to cool the eggs. Shell them and keep them aside.
- Combine the cottage cheese, boiled corn, chopped green bell pepper, black pepper, cheddar cheese, mashed beetroot, cilantro, and salt. Divide this mixture into six parts.
- Flatten the cottage cheese mixture.
- Pop the boiled eggs in the middle of the cottage cheese mixture and cover them with the mixture evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix corn flour with whisked eggs.
- Coat the cottage cheese-covered eggs with all-purpose flour, dip in the egg and corn flour mixture, and finally, coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry the Scotch eggs until they turn golden brown.