9. Falafel Scotch Eggs
Prep Time: 35 min; Cooking Time: 25 min; Total Time: 60 min; Serves: 8
- 8 eggs
- 2 whisked eggs
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for rolling
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Put the eggs in a pot of water and bring it to a boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes and then put them in a pot of room temperature water to cool them. Shell the eggs and keep them aside.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the sautéed garlic and onion in a blender and blitz into a paste.
- Add the chickpeas, coriander powder, cumin powder, coriander leaves, and a little salt. Blitz it to make it into a chopped consistency and not a paste.
- Add the whisked eggs, one tablespoon of breadcrumbs, black pepper, and flour to the chickpea mixture and mix well.
- Divide the chickpea mix into eight parts and flatten them using your palms.
- Pop the boiled egg in the middle of the flattened chickpea mixture and cover it evenly.
- Coat the Scotch eggs with breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
- Heat the oil and fry the eggs until they are golden brown.