Is vegetable soup good for weight loss? Weight loss and soups share a very cordial relation. To put it more precisely, soups are inevitable companions in a dieter’s journey towards weight loss. However, soups need not always be boring. They can definitely taste fabulous even without all that oil /or butter.
20 Interesting Vegetable Soup Recipes For Weight Loss
Here are 44 healthy vegetable soup recipes for weight loss ─ no fat, just nutrition and great taste!
1. Carrot And Moong Dal Soup
A delightful blend of split green gram lentils with the antioxidant-rich carrots─ this one is easy on your palate and great for your body! Onions are roasted in a negligible amount of oil along with garlic. The skimmed milk used in the soup, provides protein, transforming this soup into a wholesome and nourishing meal.
- Carrots – ¼ cup, finely chopped
- Split green gram lentils or moong dal – 1/8 cup, washed, well-drained
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp, freshly ground, or to taste
- Garlic – 6 cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- Onions – 1/8 cups, finely sliced
- Tomatoes – 1, small, finely chopped
- Skim milk – 1/8 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Oil – 1 ½ tsp
- Place a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Heat 1 tsp oil.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté on medium flame until the raw smell disappears and onions and garlic turn brown.
- Add carrots and cook for a minute.
- Mix in tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Roast washed moong dal in a different pan until a nice aroma comes.
- Add moong dal, the veggie mixture, and about 1.5 cups of water to a large bowl.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles on high flame, lower the flame and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Take out after the pressure and allow it to cool.
- Add to a blender and blend to a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a non-stick pan, mix in milk, ¼ cup water, salt, and black pepper powder and boil for a minute.
- In a small pan, add the rest of the oil.
- Add cumin seeds and cloves and allow it to splutter.
- Pour over the soup and serve immediately.