23. Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup
This one is a variation of the above mentioned soup, but tastes even better. Make sure you add a generous pinch of black pepper powder while you serve this during winters to beat the cold.
- Mixed vegetables – 1 ½ cups [French beans, carrot, peas]
- Sweet corn kernels – ½ cup, steamed
- Onion – 1, large, finely chopped
- Garlic – 10 cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp or Butter – 2 tbsp, melted
- Milk – 2 ½ cups [If on diet, use skimmed milk]
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Water – if required, to adjust the consistency
- In a preheated skillet placed on medium to high flame, heat butter/oil.
- Add crushed garlic and onion and sauté until onion turns translucent.
- Add the veggies and sauté for about 3 more minutes.
- Add milk and allow the mixture to come a boil.
- Lower the flame to low to medium, cover, and cook until vegetables turn tender.
- Allow the mixture to cool and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Mix in the steamed sweet corn kernels.
- Season to taste.
- Add water, if desired to adjust the thickness, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.