26. Dahi Shorba
While the actual Dahi Shorba calls for the use of Bengal gram flour, this one is a little different and uses sour buttermilk.
- Sour buttermilk – 1 cup
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 8, washed and finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 2-inch piece, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Dilute the buttermilk with water.
- Coarsely blend the curry leaves with salt, cumin seeds, and ginger root.
- Add the curry leave mixture to the buttermilk. Add turmeric powder, and allow the mixture to come to a boil on medium to high flame.
- Mix in black pepper powder, lower the flame, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove from the fire, and serve hot.