3. Tomato Soup
- Tomato – 6 large, washed thoroughly
- Water – 4 cups
- Butter – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 6
- Add washed tomatoes along with water to a large bowl and pressure cook up to 3 whistles.
- Take out from the pressure cooker, remove the peels, and allow it to cool.
- Add to a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Using a strainer, strain the mixture to remove seeds, if any.
- Add to a non-stick saucepan and allow it to come to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add water, if necessary to adjust the thickness.
- Season as required.
- Turn off and keep aside.
- In a small pan, heat butter. Add cumin seeds and cloves and allow to splutter.
- Pour atop the soup.
- Serve the soup.