4. Red Kidney Beans Soup
Here comes the best vegetable soup for weight loss made with rajma or red kidney beans, this soup easily doubles up as a simple main course. The low fat milk used here enriches the flavor of the soup, making it creamier and richer.
- Red kidney beans – ¼ cup
- Onions – 2, medium, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves, peeled, minced
- Ginger – 1 1inch piece, peeled, finely grated
- Tomato -1, medium, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1, medium, peeled, finely grated
- Skim milk – ¼ cup, if required
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili flakes – to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Thoroughly wash the kidney beans and pressure cook with washed, grated carrot.
- Add 1 tsp oil to a preheated skillet and sauté onions, ginger, and garlic until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes turn pulpy.
- Keep aside the water from the cooked beans and keep aside half of the beans.
- Mash rest of the beans well.
- Add mashed beans and enough salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Take off from the heat and allow it to cool down.
- Transfer to a blender along with red chili flakes and blend to a smooth puree.
- Add to the skillet again, mix in the non-mashed beans, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add water to adjust the consistency.
- Add milk if desired.
- Check the seasoning.
- Sprinkle chat masala, garnish with coriander leaves, and serve hot.