5. Mushroom Soup
Mushrooms are great for weight loss—now that’s a well-established fact. While a creamy mushroom soup is mostly preferred, it often comes loaded with calories. This one is a twist on the classical version, but exceeds the classical one in terms of flavor.
- Button mushrooms – 1 cups, chopped, washed
- Corn flour – 1 tsp dissolved in ¼ cup skim milk
- Onions – ½ cup, finely sliced
- Salt – to taste
- Milk – 1 cup
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Mix herb seasoning – to taste
- Water – 2 cups
- Cook 1 cup of the mushrooms in 1 cup milk until it becomes soft.
- Keep aside and allow it to cool.
- Add to a blender and blend to a semi-smooth paste.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame.
- Add onions and roast, sprinkling water now and then, until onions turn golden brown.
- Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add the ground paste to the pan along with water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix in cornflour, salt, and seasoning, and allow to come to a boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 6 minutes or until the mixture turns creamy and thick.
- Serve immediately.